Sunday 5 February 2012

Rugby Sevens, Welly Goes Wild!

Apparently, Wellington is the place to come to to participate in the Rugby Sevens... Hong Kong is great too, other places fine... but Welly is Wild!

Some of you may know that our landlady rents our flat to us, but the flat beneath us is a holiday home so has people in it on and off... this past weekend it was full to the brim with (I think) 7 young ladies? from Pukekohe, near Auckland.  Noisy?  Um, well, yes, VERY!   Drunk?  Um, well, yes, EXTREMELY!  Having fun? Um, well, yes, when they weren't vomitting!

As you can imagine the noise from downstairs was somewhat loud for the weekend, usually we are aware of being a little quieter when people are staying down there! LOL!

The girls drove down from Pukekohe in a rental van and once they had tried to order a couple of taxis and failed they asked me (their very kind, funloving neighbour) to drive them into town. Oh dear, it was amazing I could even concentrate to drive as they hung out windows, screaming and shouting, laughing... oh dear indeed.....  I made sure they all had seat belts on and they mostly did... only taking them off to be ill out the window...  Anyway, after the first drive I decided to not offer again, but of course the next day drove them into town again....  

Admittedly, they did give me money for the pleasure of driving them in... I guess I saved them a lot in taxi fares... and they gave me all their leftover food.... and they gave me a laugh.... and made my weekend a little more exciting than usual....

Culture shock ville though... when I was their age - here in New Zealand - I really don't think girls went out like that and were so crazy... we went out with a bunch of people but there were always guys with us... girl's nights out were more laid back than that.... my nieces assure me that that's what girls do now.... ha ha ha...

Conscience thoughts........ was I enabling them to live dangerously or being a good citizen getting them to where they were going without them getting hurt?  Still working on that one...

Future thoughts.... thinking it might be quite fun to go to the Sevens next year.. any takers? :)

1 comment:

  1. Of course you weren't that crazy, you lived in Wellington, not Pukekohe. :p

    ReplyDelete